What are the methods to improve mold life and mold grinding?
How to improve the service life of the moldFor users, improving the service life of the mold can greatly reduce the stamping cost. The factors that affect the service life of the mold are as follows:
1. Material type and thickness;
2. Whether to choose a reasonable mold gap;
3. The structural form of the mold;
4. Whether the material has good lubrication during stamping;
5. Whether the mold has undergone special surface treatment;
6. Such as titanium plating, titanium carbonitride;
7. Alignment of the upper and lower turrets;
8. Reasonable use of adjusting gaskets;
9. Whether the oblique blade mold is used correctly;
10. Whether the machine tool mold base is worn;
Mold grinding1. The importance of grinding molds
Regular grinding of the mold guarantees consistent stamping quality. Regular grinding of the mold can not only improve the service life of the mold, but also improve the service life of the machine tool. It is necessary to master the right time to sharpen the knife.
2. The specific characteristics of the mold need to be sharpened
For sharpening of the mold, there is no strict number of hammering strokes to determine if sharpening is required. This mainly depends on how sharp the blade is. It is mainly determined by the following three factors:
(1) Check the fillet of the cutting edge. If the corner radius reaches R0.1mm (the maximum R value cannot exceed 0.25mm), sharpening is required.
(2) Check the stamping quality. Are there big burrs?
(3) Determine whether sharpening is required based on the noise of the machine punching. If the same pair of molds makes abnormal noises when punching, the punch is blunt and needs to be sharpened.
Note: The edge of the blade is rounded or the back of the blade is rough. Sharpening should also be considered.
3. Sharpening method
There are many ways to sharpen the mold, which can be achieved with a special knife sharpener or on a surface grinder. The sharpening frequency of punches and lower dies is generally 4:1. After sharpening, please adjust the mold height.
(1) The harm of incorrect sharpening methods: Incorrect sharpening will aggravate the rapid damage of the mold blade, resulting in a greatly reduced number of hammer strikes per sharpening.
(2) The benefits of the correct sharpening method: Regular sharpening of the mold can keep the punching quality and accuracy stable. The cutting edge of the mold is damaged slowly and has a long service life.
4. Sharpening rules
The following factors should be considered when grinding the mold
(1) In the case of R0.1-0.25 mm, the sharpness of the fillet of the cutting edge depends on the sharpness of the cutting edge.
(2) The surface of the grinding wheel should be cleaned.
(3) It is recommended to use a soft coarse grinding wheel. Such as WA46KV
(4) The amount of grinding (tool) each time should not exceed 0.013 mm. Over-grinding will cause the surface of the mold to overheat, which is equivalent to annealing treatment, and the mold will soften, greatly reducing the mold life.
(5) Sufficient coolant must be added when sanding.
(6) When grinding, the punch and lower die should be fixed firmly, and special fixtures should be used.
(7) The grinding amount of the mold is constant. If this value is reached, the punch is scrapped. If you continue to use it, it is easy to damage the mold and machine.
(8) After sanding, the edges should be treated with a whetstone to remove excessively sharp edges.
(9) After sharpening, clean, demagnetize and oil.